Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 18 of 18

Thread: camera recommendation

  1. #11
    Kurt
    Guest Kurt's Avatar

    Post

    I have a Nizo 3056 Sound in mint condition. Contact me directly if you're interested.

    Kurt
    [email protected]

    ------------------

  2. #12
    ulrichsd
    Guest ulrichsd's Avatar

    Post

    Hey Lor,

    There are 2 types of Canon 1014, the silent model (Autozoom) and the sound version (XLS). I have the Canon 1014AZ and it takes great pictures, but it is very very loud, and I have heard that the XLS is pretty loud as well. If sound is a factor, which it is for me, I would resomend the Nizo sound line, which are the 6080, 4080, and 6056. The 4080 goes for about $550, and I personally own the 4080 which I got for $250.

    Good luck,
    Scott

    ------------------

  3. #13
    Matt Pacini
    Guest Matt Pacini's Avatar

    Post

    I've gone through quite a few cameras, and finally ended up with the Nizo 6080, because it's so quiet.

    I've had:
    Nikon R-10
    Canon 101XL-S
    Bauer 715XL-S
    Nikon Super Zoom
    Nizo 801
    Nizo 6080

    All those cameras are very noisy, except the 6080.

    I shot my feature using a Nikon R-10 and a Nikon Super Zoom.
    The R-10 is a fantastic camera, but really noisy.
    The Canon 1014XL-S is only slightly quieter, and I mean slightly.

    I was never able to quiet the R-10 down enough to not hear it in the dialog tracks, and I made 5 blimps/barneys. The best one though, was just a leather Sega CDX case stuffed with dense foam.

    Hey Scott, how exactly do you wear a furniture pad, and why?
    Did you cut head and arm holes?
    Your body isn't actually making any noise...
    Is it just so catch some of the bounce sound from the camera?
    Did it actually do much?
    Man, that would be uncomfortable, I would think, especially in summer.

    Matt Pacini



    ------------------

  4. #14
    Scott Spears
    Guest Scott Spears's Avatar

    Post

    Matt,

    I didn't actually wear the furniture pad. It was drapped over me, the camera and tripod. Sometimes we would use a clamp to close the front so only the lens would stick out.

    And you're right, it get really hot, really fast under there. Not a lot of fun, but anything for the movie... Yeah, right.

    Scott

    ------------------

  5. #15
    Matt Pacini
    Guest Matt Pacini's Avatar

    Post

    Scott, maybe you could cut one in half, cut armholes and a head hole, and sell these for like $2,500 through Matthews!
    Har har!
    Or maybe start a fashion trend, eh?
    Man, you are dedicated.
    I was freaking out about camera noise, and I never went to those extremes!
    Maybe I should have. That just sounds impossible!
    What camera(s) were you using when you did this?

    Matt Pacini

    ------------------

  6. #16
    Scott Spears
    Guest Scott Spears's Avatar

    Post

    Matt,

    As I said, with Super-8, it was Nikon R-10. For the 35mm feature, it was an Arri BL-1, which is a little noisy and a quiet Arri BL-3. The problem was we were shooting in prison cells and the hard concrete walls made all sound bounce. Now, I think the sound man was very picky.

    I know when shooting with my Arri SR I which is fairly quiet on a short film once, the sound man said he could hear my camera. After one take, I put on the heardphones amd listened to a take with the sound cranked to 10 and couldn't hear a thing on playback. Some sound ops are picky, but I always try to help out other departments because later you're going to need their help.

    On that 35mm feature there was a lot of handheld stuff, so not only was I drapped with a sound blanket, but I was also holding 42 pounds of camera which liked to grind away my shoulder bones. Well, that's life as DP.

    Scott

    ------------------

  7. #17

    Post

    i have a nizo 6080 I wanted to know if it is crystal synced? I also wanted to know if I do wanna use audio what should I use to capture the sound? (mini-disc, dat?) I will have the film transfer to digital video which i will then edit on my final cut pro system and put back out to video.

    ------------------

  8. #18
    Matt Pacini
    Guest Matt Pacini's Avatar

    Post

    Scott, I'm very familiar with the noise level of the Nikon R-10 (unfortunately!).
    How would you compare the Arri BL-1 to the R-10, as far as noise goes?

    Matt Pacini

    ------------------

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •